Building on the experiences from the first course on ICT4D, the NextLab course is continuing with some of the previous projects as well as designing and deploying new ones.
- Giving Farmers a Fighting Chance (ITESM Zacatecas, Mexico)
- Multilevel marketing for microfinance (COBIS, Ecuador)
- M-commerce interface (United Villages, India)
- Mobile diagnostics for cervical cancer (CIDRZ, Zambia)
- Mobile social network for students in low-income communities (Telmex, Mexico)
- Disaster Management (CRS, India)
- Thrive in Five Baby Blog (Mayor’s Office, Boston)
Environment and Community:
The Next Billion in Our Neighborhood:
Assured Labor seeks to improve the lives of workers in developing countries by using mobile phones to match dependable workers with honest employers in Brazil. Assured Labor released its first beta on July 2008. Learn more.
Cervical Cancer Screening in Zambia
FreePress in collaboration with HannaTek seeks to provide a method for citizens with oppressive governments involved in media censorship to provide breaking news. Learn more.